Who’s entitled to sponsor their spouse, partner or youngster
It is possible to sponsor your partner, partner or child that is dependent:
- You’re at the very least 18 years old
- You’re A canadian resident, a permanent resident of Canada, or an individual registered in Canada as an Indian underneath the Canadian Indian Act
- If you’re a Canadian citizen residing outside Canada, you have to show which you want to are now living in Canada once the people you wish to sponsor become permanent residents.
- You can’t sponsor somebody if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
- You’re in a position to prove that you’re perhaps not getting social help for reasons aside from a disability
- you are able to allow for the fundamental requirements of every individuals you intend to sponsor
If you live outside Quebec
In order to become a sponsor, you have to promise to economically manage the people you might be sponsoring for some time. We call this vow an undertaking.
The undertaking commits you to:
- supplying monetary help for your sponsored family relations, beginning if they become permanent residents
- repaying any provincial assistance that is social sponsored household members have throughout that time
Additionally, both you and your sponsored family relations have to consent to specific duties through the undertaking period. We call this the sponsorship contract.
The sponsorship contract implies that:
- you’ll offer for the fundamental requirements of the sponsored family unit members
- the individual you sponsor is likely to make every work to aid on their own and their family people